– We are officially ‘Good to Go’ having successfully applied for the industry standard award for COVID safety measures. Please respect one-way systems and observe social distancing guidelines throughout your visit to help everyone enjoy the lavender safely and comfortably.
– Access to the field is on foot via a steep and uneven slope. The walk to the field takes approximately five minutes. Due to COVID restrictions, we are sadly unable to run our tractor and trailer rides from the car park this year. Please be aware of this before your visit.
– Disabled parking is available for blue badge holders. However, there is still a walk of approximately 300 yards, via a steep and uneven slope that may be unsuitable for wheelchairs and some disabled visitors.
– Our treasured vintage tractor, ‘Smokey Joe’, will be back in pride of place this year – we know all your children love it, as we do! Please be aware that sanitizing the touch points on the tractor is your own responsibility. Please also note that this is a working piece of farm machinery and is to be sat on, not played with!
– The lavender and surrounding wildflower margins are a haven for bees and other wildlife. Please ‘bee careful’! Please see the on-site medic for assistance if you are unlucky enough to get stung.
– The lavender rows will be one way this year as there is obviously not room for visitors to safely pass one another at the recommended distance within a narrow row or even in adjacent rows. This will also help to protect the lavender as the plants are brittle and any jumping or stepping over them causes damage.
– Dogs are welcome on a lead and we will happily provide water for your four-legged friends if you run out! Please clear up after your dog and respect other visitors.
– Please do not pick or crush the lavender. Bunches of lavender will be freshly cut throughout each day and available in the shop, as well as lavender plants for your garden.
– The safety of our guests and staff remains our priority. Copies of our risk assessments are available on request.
– We are hoping for glorious sunshine for Open Week. If the weather does turn wet then please take extra care in the car park and wear appropriate footwear as steep paths may become slippery.
– Due to COVID restrictions, there is a set capacity for our event. We do not expect to exceed this but if numbers do reach capacity we will have no other legal option than to temporarily close.
Please visit our Gallery to see some of the highlights from previous years.